6-11 November 2017 – Gaborone Diocese, Botswana
ICCRS Intercession Training Course (ITC) was organised in Gaborone Diocese in Botswana from 6 to 11 November 2017. 150 persons from 10 countries – Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Malawi, South Africa, Lesotho and Zambia – participated in the ITC. It was organized by the National Service Committee of Botswana under the leadership of Alice Modisenyane, Chairperson. Cyril John (India), Director of the ITC and Dr Francis Edo Olotu (Nigeria), ICCRS Councillor of the region were the resource persons for the ITC. The Course started with the inaugural Eucharistic Celebration by Bishop Frank Atese Nubuasah SVD in Christ the King Cathedral in Gaborone on 6 November.
As part of the ITC, the participants had three workshops in Ave Maria Pastoral Centre where the event was being held. On 10th November, the participants were sent to different strategic locations in the city for prophetic intercession outreaches. Some of the strategic locations were the Parliament, High Court, Gaborone Dam (for praying for more water), A1 Highway (on account of many accidents), prison, minor seminary, Gaborone University, cathedral, etc.
A group of 20 participants from 10 countries went to the Office of His Excellency Lt. General Dr. Seretse Khama Ian Khama, President of the Republic of Botswana (Head of State) to pray as part of the outreached. They prayed for 30 minutes from 2.30 pm to 3 pm for the President, the nation and the people of Botswana. The team was introduced to the President by Fr Gabriele Gaie, Spiritual Director of the CCR in Francistown Diocese. Intercession was led by Cyril John and Francis Edo Olotu. Fr Camillus Ogaraku Msp, Spiritual Director of the CCR in Gaborone diocese thanked the President and team and imparted the blessing. The team interceded for the President through spontaneous prayers, praying in tongues and charismatic hymns. All the outreach teams had very powerful testimonies to share on their return.
Please click here to read: Prophetic Intercessor Writes Headlines of Tomorrow’s Newspaper • India – by Cyril John
6th – 11th November 2017
“Pray in the Spirit at all times in every prayer and supplication” (NRSV). – “You did not choose me but I chose you” (NRSV).
From 6th to 11th November 2017, there will be in Gaborone an International Training Course on Intercession, called: “A call to prophetic Intercession”.
The ICCRS Intercession Training Course, which is a one-week school, is the concrete realization of the desire to form a large family of intercessors worldwide. Intercession, being at the heart of evangelization and mission, is well rooted in the Catholic tradition. It concerns all Christians, not just those who are members of a particular group or movement.
St. Paul, as with the Ephesians Christian community, makes this appeal: “Pray in the Spirit at all times in every prayer and supplication” (Ep 6:18). May that request be an invitation for us to turn to the Father, in the Spirit of Jesus.
The course includes Mass, Holy Hour and charismatic praise and worship on a daily basis, as well as silent Eucharistic adoration, intercessory rosary, various talks on intercession, intercession outreach in groups/prophetic intercession in groups, and so on.
- Growth in holiness
- Development of trust in God in all things
- Deeper spiritual reflection
- Meditation on the life of Jesus, the main intercessor
- Full opening to the Holy Spirit, who is dwelling in us, strengthens us and gives us all the tools necessary for intercession
Several topics will be discussed such as:
- What is intercession? Deepening our understanding
- The call and urgency of intercession
- Spiritual warfare in intercession
- The repentant intercessor
- Prophetic intercession
- Suffering and intercession
- The four wheels of intercession: Personal prayer, Word of God, Sacraments and fellowship
- Tools for effective intercession
Requirements for participation:
- Brief curriculum vitae with evidence of leadership background
- Letter of recommendation from your National Service Committee or leaders of your community
- Letter of recommendation from your parish priest or spiritual director
- One passport photo
- Please bring small and big country flags as well.
- This training is open to all. The official language of the course will be English
- Simultaneous translation into Setswana, will be provided, and vice versa
Ave Maria Pastoral Centre
P. O. Box 218 Gaborone
Plot 2862, Ko Kgale
Please, click on the following links to download:
For more information please contact Alice Binny Modisenyane (National Coordinator Catholic Charismatic Renewal – Botswana): email@example.com
May the Holy Spirit inspire the creation of ministries and intercessory centers in the Church to “stand in the gap” before God and intercede for the coming of God’s Kingdom.