Institut de Formation au Leadership (LFI)
“What we have heard and known, what our fathers have told us. We will not hide them from their children; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, his power, and the wonders he has done.” Ps 78:3-4
Nous sommes désolés, mais cette page n’a pas encore été traduite.
ICCRS offers a Leadership Formation Institute programme. It is a three-week intensive course near the very heart of the Church in Rome, Italy.
Classes include studies in Scripture, Ecclesiology, Pneumatology, Mariology, Kerygma, CCR, Leadership and Ministry. Students will be offered practical teaching and workshops on various aspects of ministry within the CCR. In addition, the students go on several field trips to Christian sites, and dicastries of the Roman Curia.
The ICCRS Leadership Formation Institute began in response to John Paul II’s invitation to foster “ecclesial maturity” among leaders in CCR.
People of all ages delegates from charismatic organizations worldwide are invited to have a growth experience in leadership within the CCR. The programme is held primarily in English, but other languages are made available depending on the number of requests.
There is an urgent need to proclaim with strength as well as to have a solid and deep Christian formation. How much need there is today for mature Christian leaders, who are aware of their own vocation and mission in the Church and in the world!
The goal of the LFI is to train leaders and potential leaders in serving the Church in the Power of the Holy Spirit. We provide this program exclusively in Rome in order to expose the students to a truly ecclesial experience. We are happy to bring students to various offices of the Vatican in order for the students to see a much fuller picture of the life of the Church.
- Give people a theological and ecclesial foundation for service.
- Give people practical and helpful information, about serving the Church deepening the charismatic dimension.
- Give people an opportunity to experience the transforming power of God’s love.
- Create a network for people to share experience, support, and resources.
Our vision is to have capable leaders, located all over the world, using the charisms for service to the Church. We see a worldwide network of men and women who have a common experience and understanding of leadership formation and service, who serve the Church and the world with their gifts, and the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
We will offer the following:
Catholic Charismatic Renewal
- CCR 01: History of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal
- Link to Pentecost * Century of the Holy Spirit * Protestant role * Duquesne Weekend * CCR * ICCRS * Meetings with Popes
- CCR 02: Current Situation in the Catholic Charismatic Renewal
- Ecumenism * Interacting with other ecclesial realities * The « new communities » * Vatican relations * « ecclesial maturity »
- CCR 03: Strengths and challenges of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal
- A survey of strengths, weakness, contributions, and challenges within CCR
- ECL 01: History of the Church from the time of Jesus to 500 A.D.
- Peter and the 12 * Pentecost * Early Missionary activity * Persecution * Legalization of Christianity * Struggles * Heresies
- ECL 02: History of the Church from 500 A.D. to 1500 A.D.
- The Church grows in power * Split between East and West * Crusades * Secularization creeps into Church * Protestantism
- ECL 03: History of the Church from 1500 A.D. to the Second Vatican Council
- The age of enlightenment * Missionary activity * Church/secular tensions
- ECL 04: The Second Vatican Council (Part 1)
- Brief history of the council * Brief history of the two conciliar Popes * Key documents of the Council
- ECL 05: The Second Vatican Council (Part 2)
- The fruit of the council * How the council has impacted the Church
- ECL 06: The Post-Conciliar Church
- The Church today * Responding to Vatican II * The Church and the world * Struggles within the Church
- ECL 07: The activity of the Holy Spirit throughout Church history (part 1)
- Highlights of the Spirit’s activity in the life and struggles of the Church
- ECL 08: The activity of the Holy Spirit throughout Church history (part 2)
- Highlights of the Spirit’s activity in the life and struggles of the Church (continued from above)
- ECL 09: Men of the Spirit
- A survey of male saints or key church figures who were devoted to the Spirit or used charisms
- ECL 10: Women of the Spirit
- A survey of female saints or key Church figures who were devoted to the Spirit or used charisms
Leadership and Ministry
- LDR 01: Leading a prayer meeting
- Managing the key elements of a successful prayer meeting
- LDR 02: Dealing with conflict
- Dealing with conflict between individuals as well as groups * Conflict resolution * How to speak truth * How to disagree * Reconciliation * Negotiation
- LDR 03: Discerning Spiritual Phenomena
- Criteria to discern vision, apparitions, prophecies, spiritual experiences, etc
- LDR 04: Offering one-on-one ministry
- How to pastor, pray and care for individuals * Dealing with needy people
- LDR 05: Giving a Teaching
- How to discern topic * How to prepare teaching * How to deliver teaching
- LDR 06: Leading Dynamic Praise and Worship
- The value of praise and worship * Scriptural models * Techniques to foster praise and worship in a group setting
- LDR 07: Dealing with Evil
- Recognizing and discerning the presence and influence of evil * How to deal with evil forces * Church teaching * Clerical/Lay role
- LDR 08: Leadership Styles
- A survey of various leadership styles, personalities and how to work within different models of leadership
- LDR 09: Models of Structures
- A survey of various models and structures within the Renewal (community, prayer group, etc) strengths and weaknesses
- LDR 10: Group Dynamics
- Key elements of the dynamics of working with both small and large groups
- LDR 11: Life of a Leader (Part 1)
- Vision of a what a godly leader is * Dangers in the life of a leader * Living a « balanced » life
- LDR 12: Life of a Leader (Part 2)
- What a leader needs to do to stay healthy * Safeguards for leaders * The disciplines necessary for a leader
- KRG 01: The Basic Message of Salvation
- The basic message of man’s need for salvation * the role of the Redeemer * What Christ accomplished * Need to apply
- KRG 02: Proclaiming the Basic Message of Salvation
- How to convey the basic message to others in a simple format * techniques of basic evangelization
- MRY 01: Mary and The Holy Spirit
- Mary’s relationship to the Holy Spirit * Mary’s place in story of salvation * proper devotion to Mary
- MRY 02: Mary – disciple of Jesus
- Various scenarios of Mary in scripture and applicable lessons for our lives
- PNU 01: Old Testament Survey (Part 1)
- An overview of references to and experiences of the Holy Spirit in the Old Testament
- PNU 02: Old Testament Survey (Part 2)
- Continuation of the above
- PNU 03: New Testament Survey (Part 1)
- An overview of references to and experiences of the Holy Spirit in the New Testament focus on Gospels and Acts
- PNU 04: New Testament Survey (Part 2)
- An overview of references to and experiences of the Holy Spirit in the New Testament focus on Epistles
- PNU 05: Patristic Reflections (Part 1)
- A survey of the teachings, reflections and experiences by the Church Fathers (and Mothers) on the Holy Spirit
- PNU 06: Patristic Reflections (Part 2)
- A survey of the teachings, reflections and experiences by the Church Fathers (and Mothers) on the Holy Spirit (continued from above)
- PNU 07: Ecclesial Understanding of the Holy Spirit (part 1)
- The Holy Spirit in the Church’s creed, teaching, liturgy, and theology today
- PNU 08: Ecclesial Understanding of the Holy Spirit (part 2)
- The Holy Spirit in the Church’s creed, teaching, liturgy, and theology today (continued from above)
- PNU 09: The Holy Spirit in the Sacraments
- The Holy Spirit’s activity through the sacraments
- PNU 10: Baptism in the Holy Spirit (Part 1)
- Description and various understandings of what Baptism in the Holy Spirit is.
- PNU 11: Baptism in the Holy Spirit (Part 2)
- (Continuation of above) What happens to people in Baptism of Holy Spirit
- PNU 12: Baptism in the Holy Spirit (Part 3)
- (Continuation of above) What are the effects of Baptism of Holy Spirit? * Fruit of Spirit * Conversion
- PNU 13: Manifestations of the Spirit (Part 1)
- An understanding of the concept of charism * Listing and explanation of some of the more common charisms.
- PNU 14: Manifestations of the Spirit (Part 2)
- What the Church teaches about charisms * What the popes say about charisms * How to discern the authenticity of charism
- PNU 15: Manifestations of the Spirit (Part 3)
- Relationship between charism and the individual who manifests charism
- SCR 01: The History and Structure of the Bible
- Where we got the Bible from * Scripture and Tradition * Inspiration of Biblical writers * Catholic understanding of Bible
- SCR 02: Overview of the Old Testament
- Basic structure, survey of key themes, basic timeline
- SCR 03: Overview of the New Testament
- Basic structure, survey of key themes, basic timeline
Requirements for Participation
In order to participate, you should be a leader (or a future leader) of a prayer group or a community in Catholic Charismatic Renewal willing to further grow in leadership. Obtain a recommendation letter from the NSC of your country or from the leaders of your community as well as a letter from your parish priest or spiritual director. In summary, submit the following:
- One passport photo.
- Brief curriculum vitae with evidence of a leadership background.
- Letter of recommendation from your National Service Committee or leaders of your Community.
- Letter of recommendation from your parish priest or spiritual director.
6 au 26 Octobre 2019
Les Inscriptions sont Ouvert
Institut de Formation au Leadership
Session de Formation au Leadership
Cours de Formation en Intercession
ICCRS Charism School